In room 2 Ms McKergow set us the challenge of working out what the total area of our class was. We needed to find out how much floor space we had so we could place an order for new carpet (just a pretend order). We brainstormed ways to do this. Alex wanted to draw out meter squares all over the room, Wiremu decided that using paper squares to place on the floor might work and Callum suggested that we measure the length and width of the class to work it out. We decided that measuring the length and width would be the easiest way. We all estimated the area and found that our guesses were not 100% accurate. The floor space ended up being approximately 95 meters squared.