Tuesday 11 June 2013

Mum's birthday

Last night, on Tuesday the 7th of May, we celebrated my mum’s birthday at our house, with a family get-together. The party started as soon as we got home from school. Grandma had made delicious red velvet cupcakes and there was a big bowl of our “family favourite” lollies, chewy pineapple lumps, sitting on the table. Gradually as more people arrived the table was filled with all sorts of sweets and savouries. Grandad Henk taught me Dutch words and I wrote them in my book. I am learning to put them into sentences. I love getting together with my family.  It makes me feel good.      

By Alexander       8.5.13


1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex,
    Good story. I bet it was fun celebrating your Mum's birthday! Hey, which sweet did you like the most?
    From Holly.

    ReplyDelete